Help to Feed the Hungry - Become a Food Collector!
21 people are interested
The Clark County Food Bank is looking for volunteers to help us collect food from local area grocery stores through our Fresh Alliance program. Last year, our grocery store recovery program helped distribute over 1.6 million pounds of highly nutritious food to individuals and families in our community, that otherwise would have gone to waste.
Each morning, Clark County Food Bank sends out multiple teams of volunteers, to over 19 local grocery stores. They are responsible for collecting bakery, dairy, eggs, meat, and produce items that are no longer able to be sold. Volunteers bring these items back to our warehouse to be sorted by our sorting team. Once sorted the food is distributed to our 40+ partner agencies to make it's way to those in need in Clark County.
Can you help? Qualified collection volunteers are able to:
- Weigh food and fill our donation forms on-site or
- Lift and carry up to 40-50 pounds,
- (Potentially) drive a 20-foot box truck with proper training - no CDL required.
- Commit to at least 2 shifts per month. Shifts are variable and start as early as 6:15am, 7:00am and 10am, Monday - Friday.
Interested? Need more information? Please call or email!
We'll work with your schedule.
6502 NE 47th AveVancouver, WA 98661
- Truck Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7-8 hours per month minimum
- Lift and carry up to 40-50 pounds