The Clark County Food Bank is looking for volunteers to help us collect food from area grocery stores working with out Fresh Alliance program. Last year, this program helped distribute over 1.2 million pounds of highly nutiritious food to the hungry that would otherwise have gone to landfills.
Each day, we send out teams of two volunteers to over 16 local grocery stores to collect bakery, dairy, eggs, meat, and produce items that are unsellable. Volunteers then bring these items back to our warehouse to be sorted by our sorting team. This food is then distributed to our 30+ partner agencies to make it's way to those in need in Clark County.
Can you help? Qualified collection volunteers are able to:
- Represent the values and mission of the Clark County Food Bank within the community,
- Weigh food and fill our donation forms on-site or
- Lift and carry up to 40-50 pounds,
- (Potentially) drive a 20-foot box truck with proper training - no CDL required.
- Commit to at least 2 shifts per week. Shifts start at 7:15am and last until approximately 11am, Monday - Friday.
Interested? Need more information? Please call or email!
- Truck Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7-8 hours per month minimum
- Lift and carry up to 40-50 pounds