Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for Direct Care Volunteers who are eager to make a different in the life of our Broward County
patients and their families by...
· Visiting or calling a patient or family member
· Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
· Reading aloud or listening to music together
· Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
· Writing letters
· Going for walks with a patient or family member
· Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
· Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
· Watching movies or playing games
· Helping with children
· Bereavement support
· Sharing a quiet moment
· Simply being present
Direct Care Volunteers are required to participate in initial hospice volunteer training as well as basic orientation. Training is offered in our Dania Beach location. Volunteer selection begins with an application and interview in which potential volunteers may express their personal goals, availability, interests and talents.
Of course, our volunteers are carefully screened through a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and personal references.
Because you care... don't miss this life defining volunteer opportunity.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 3 hours a week.