Teach ESOL and conversation classes to a group of students (Arab American/Immigrants). Plan and prepare with lessons provided for weekly classes. Assist with relevant data entry and management, and take class attendance. All volunteer teachers will be trained on how to teach a class. Monday - Thursday 9am -12pm; 12pm - 3pm; 3pm - 6pm, with a minimum of 6 hours per week (2 days).
The ESOL and conversation classes will provide social and educational services to help them adjust to their new home and become active members of society.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- One year commitment
- Become a Literacy Program...
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...
- Attend Orientation to be a...