ELECTION OFFICERS WANTED! FAIRFAX COUNTY (ONGOING)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
28 people are interested
The Office of Elections is currently recruiting voters to serve as Election Officers a few days a year, including the upcoming 2020 elections (Next Election: March 3rd - Presidential Primary - Deadline to apply early February). Election Officers are needed at each of the 243 precincts in Fairfax County to run the polls and assist the voters.
View our "Being an Election Officer" Video here: http://youtu.be/HV5cWp1fn60
Listen to our "Election Officers Needed" Podcast here: https://soundcloud.com/fairfaxcounty/county-conversation-election-officers
In order to be an Election Officer, you must:
- Be fluent in English
- Be a registered voter in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be able to fulfill the Federal I-9 employment eligibility requirements
- Attend a 3-hour training class
- Arrive at the polling place at 5:00 am and remain until all work has been completed after the polls close at 7pm
- Have basic computer skills
The Election Officer’s main priority is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the election process. A typical Election Day consists of:
- arriving one hour before polls open to set up voting equipment
- hanging up pertinent signage
- preparing the polling room for voting
- processing voters throughout the day
- assisting with operating voting equipment
- securing voting equipment and closing down the polling place at the end of the day
Election Officers are offered a stipend of $175 for serving a full day.
We especially encourage bilingual citizens (Korean, Vietnamese needed now) to serve as we need language assistance election officers in many precincts.
Residency in Fairfax County is not required. It is a wonderful opportunity for those interested in the election process or public service, and we need civic-minded individuals to help make Election Day a success!
To apply, fill and submit the online form at www.vote4fairfax.com/apply or view our website at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/election-officers/working for more information.
About Fairfax County Office of Elections
12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 323, Fairfax, VA 22035, US
The Fairfax County Office of Elections is committed to providing each citizen of Fairfax County with the opportunity to excercise his or her right to vote in an efficient and equitable manner in accordance with the Constituitions of the United States and Commonwealth of Virginia and Code of Virginia.
The Office of Elections and the Electoral Board serves the residents of Fairfax County by planning, organizing, staffing and conducting local, state-wide and federal elections through out the year as well managing voter registration. The Office oversees the maintenance and deployment of voter equipment, precinct and satellite location logistics and ballot returns and reporting.
We'll work with your schedule.
243 Precincts across Fairfax County, VAFairfax, VA 22035
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 15 hours per election (i.e. 5am to 9pm)
- Currently registered voter in Virginia