I. Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Board Chair, KC Butler acts as the primary administrative support person for projects and special events to support the Troops to Firefighters efforts. This position provides support meeting planning, logistical and administrative support, managing future volunteers and develops statistical reports and completes data entry.
II. Major Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and secretarial support to Board Chair for Fundraising and fundraising events.
- Developing strategies and setting goals to hit fundraising targets
- Finding people to donate money
- Keeping in touch with existing donors and stakeholders
- Budgeting incoming and outgoing money (very much like life)
- Writing proposals that could attract money, including applications for grants
- Preparing and giving presentations (hello PowerPoint)
- Liaising with the fundraising team
- Overseeing events and campaigns
10. Maintains the daily calendar and scheduling for the Board Chair, KC Butler and prepares for meetings and events. Keeps track of all assignments and timelines for Troops to Firefighters.
11. Handles sensitive and confidential documents and correspondence for Troops to Firefighters.
- Develops and maintains tracking systems, and administrative processes and procedures.
13. Responsible for record keeping, report development, filing and data entry for Troops to Firefighters as directed.
14. Provides administrative support to Board Chair for planning, weekly conference calls and monthly reports.
15. Handles all meeting planning for Board of Directors.
16. Orders all supplies and equipment for Troops to Firefighters.
12.Uses strong project management skills to plan and implement
large administrative projects.
III. Other Dimensions:
- The ability to develop efficient administrative systems, processes and procedures.
- Special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain a high level of independence judgment and confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with diverse employees and ability to multi task.
Education: High School diploma required. B.S Degree or some college desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years working in an office environment as an administrative assistant or as a project specialist.
Other: Must posses excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must have an excellent command of Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint. Must have database management experience. Must be well organized and detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple task simultaneously. Proven project management skills required. Must type a minimum of 50 wpm and be able to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 30 hours per month