Media Arts Center San Diego (MACSD) promotes access to film and video as tools for community self-expression and social change and supports the professional development of media artists. MACSD endorses the inclusion of underrepresented communities in the media arts field and the portrayal of accurate images of these communities by mainstream media and promotes community access to and use of media technology.
Description: We are seeking a Social Media/Marketing Intern to join our dynamic team. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a local community based nonprofit organization. We have programming and events throughout the year, as well as an independent cinema with regular showtimes. As a Social Media/Marketing Intern, you would work alongside our Marketing and Events team to promote, capture and share these unique moments with our community.
- Update and maintain MACSD/Digital Gym’s social media presence and websites, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Adding Digital Gym movies to online calendars
- Community Outreach
- Creating flyers/web banners/Onscreen ads
- Database management
- Excellent communicator via email and not afraid of talking to community organizations, press contacts, and/or filmmakers on the phone.
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- "Eye for good design", attention to detail, and editing skills.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and planning skills are a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of MACSD and the programs we offer in the community.
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 - 6 month commitment.
Hours: Ideally 8-12 hours/week, Monday-Friday, preferably twice a week in the office.
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator; Hootsuite & Word Press SEO Experience are a huge plus