Do you belong to a group or church that is looking to volunteer and give back to their community?
We are ALWAYS looking for groups to get involved with Holiday Meals on Wheels!
The Celebrity Chefs Brunch is the major fundraiser for Holiday Meals on Wheels, providing nutritious meals for nutritionally at-risk seniors when the publicly funded program is closed. There is always so much to be done and so many ways that you can help!
- Set-up for Auction, Decor, Balloons
- SNAP Express Checkout
- Walk-Around: Selling tickets for Heads or Tails and 50/50 raffles
- Silent Auction table monitoring
- Silent Auction closing and re-bagging packages, plus winner notification
- On-the-Spot Donations in the Audience
- Live Auction spotting and flagging current bids
- Clean up
General Volunteer Info
- ATTIRE: Feel free to dress with the theme - otherwise, business casual is fine. Wear comfortable shoes, but no sneakers or tennis shoes please.
- FOOD: You are welcome to enjoy the wonderful food during the Silent Auction Preview or enjoy for the seated portion of the event but your first priority is to your volunteer assignment.
- BIDDING: To bid on the Silent Auction, just go to Express Check Out to get a bidder number.
- MOST OF ALL: We want you to enjoy the experience and help make it a success for our seniors!
Even if you cannot help day of, there is always preparation and auction basket work that needs to be done, weeks leading up to the Brunch. Auction basket construction is done at our West Chicago location and begins in September.
Contact me to schedule a time slot to help with the basket or depending where you live to help with picking up donations!
Please contact Kaitie Mayberry Hauser to learn email@example.com or 630-293-5990
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- We have several different opportunities available
- We are looking for groups of volunteers from businesses or community groups