Barn Team Volunteer
19 people are interested
These volunteers ensure that our horses and riders have a clean, happy, and healthy place to work together.
1. Fill water buckets and hay racks in stalls.
2. Cleaning stalls--Remove everything wet and solid. Conserve shaving by sifting. Pull shavings away from stall walls and spread out before adding new shavings. Add new shavings.
3. Sweep out the barn aisle and the cement pathway leading to the indoor arena. Put swept up debris in the poop dumpster.
4. Put away all grooming tools and tack in correct location.
- Minimum age of 8 (with parent or guardian)
- Minimum age of 13 to work independently
- Able to do physical work
- Attend a Volunteer Training Course
About McKenna Farms Therapy Services
3044 Due West Road, Dallas, GA 30157, US
...to provide innovative therapy programs and resources for individuals with special needs and their families...
We provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy to individuals with special needs in a clinical setting as well as in hippotherapy.
What is Hippotherapy?
The word "hippotherapy" comes from the Greek word, "hippo", meaning "horse". Hippotherapy is treatment with the help of a horse. (Hippopotamus is Greek for "river horse".) Specially trained physical, occupational, speech, and assistant therapists use this treatment approach to achieve functional outcomes.
Why a Horse?
The unique combination of the horse, the horse’s movement, and non-clinical environment produces an extraordinary effort on all systems of the body. The therapist can modify the horse’s movement to promote specific responses within the individual. It is a treatment approach that uses activities on the horse that are meaningful to the individual and specifically addresses their functional goals. What’s more enjoyable than receiving therapy on the back of a horse?!
We'll work with your schedule.
3044 Due West RoadDallas, GA 30157
- Animal Care / Handling
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 8
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 years with parent or guardian