Liberty Hospice is seeking compassionate volunteers to provide a variety of services to our patients. What does a Hospice volunteer do? A Hospice volunteer can provide socialization and companionship to the patient and/or their family by reading the newspaper, a book, watching a TV show or a movie, discussing current events, taking the person for a walk, or simply sitting and talking. A Hospice volunteer can also go shopping for the patient or provide a time that the caregiver can go shopping, feeling safe that someone is staying with their loved one. A Hospice volunteer can also provide clerical support in our office, completing mailings, putting packets together, making phone calls to caregivers, etc. The volunteer experience can be formed to fit your comfort level and desires. The location can be in our office, at one of our facilities, and/or in the patient’s home.
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Hospice Care
- Administrative Support
- Elder care
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2x monthly for 1 hour
- Compassion and good listening skills essential to your success
- Village at Penn State - Atrium,...
- LCFS West Philadelphia Senior...
- Hearth at Drexel-Indian Cultural...
- Barista for our new Memory Cafe!
- Paul's Run - Activity Companion...
- LCS - Lutheran Disaster Response...
- Artman- Front Desk Greeter
- Liberty Hospice Student Volunteer
- Liberty Hospice Companion...
- Hearth at Drexel - Men's Club...
- Liberty Hospice Music Volunteer
- Hearth at Drexel - Memory...