Institute for Immigrant Concerns, a not-for-profit ESOL school for adult immigrants and refugees, started in 1997, is looking for ESOL instructors. Must have previous English teaching experience (whether domestic or abroad), certificate not essential but a plus. Our students are all motivated and studious adults. Our program is more intellectual than the usual as well, leaving more room form teachers to be creative and introduce own ideas into the curriculum. We have a substancial emphasis on cross-cultural awareness. This is the ideal position for retired teachers or teachers completing a certificate program.
- Adult Education
- Reading Comprehension
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Two days, Four hours per week, Morning and Evening
- Fundraising and Development Intern
- Japanese Speaking Program...
- Chinese Speaking, Program...
- ESOL Teachers for Adult Immigrants
- Korean Speaking Program Assistant
- Spanish Speaking, Program...
- French Speaking Program Assistant
- Bilingual Russian Adminsitrative...
- Marketing Assistant