- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
70 people are interested
Kids Club helps children at Girard Street Family Shelter work on their academic goals and develop other life skills. It provides a safe place for children experiencing homelessness to spend their afternoons with caring adults.
We expect to see 10-15 youth daily, and we try to schedule 3-10 volunteers. Not only is this a great opportunity to work with young children, but it also provides support for their parents who are engaged in ongoing educational opportunities. Volunteers are encouraged to initiate projects and ways to engage youth. Program is held 2x/week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30-6:30pm. Minimum age is 14.
Specific Tasks: 1. Maintain a safe environment for the children, enforcing program expectations.
2. Work individually or in small groups on engaging activities such as: arts and crafts, reading, role playing, and games.
3. Help children with homework, as needed.
4. Clean-up at the conclusion of Kids Club (put materials away, sweep/mop, etc.)
We'll work with your schedule.
1413 Girard Street NWWashington, DC 20009
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week
- Background check, reference check, TB test