RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate):
- To serve the Juvenile Court as an advocate, representing the best interests of an abused/neglected child.
- Visit child's placement and monitor court-ordered services.
- Interview child, parents, foster parents, and other parties involved in the child's life.
- Review appropriate records and reports.
- Submit written reports to the Court prior to court hearings. Attend Court Hearings.
- Document all contacts, and submit documentation to the program director.
- Maintain contact with the program director.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training