We are looking for strong, independent young women to serve as Leadership Residents who will serve as role models for the Harpswell students. Leadership Residents must be self-starters with previous international travel experience who have the capacity to act resourcefully in a foreign environment. We ask Leadership Residents to join us for terms ranging from 3 to 6 month to live with the students at Harpswell’s two leadership centers, both located in Cambodia's capital city Phnom Penh. Leadership Residents are given free room and board and a modest stipend but must provide for their own travel to Cambodia.
All Leadership Residents will live in the dormitories with the students, and are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Teach Harpswell’s core curriculum, with set topics designed to promote critical thinking and knowledge of Southeast Asia
- Facilitate critical thinking discussions about current events, national and international
- Mentor students in one-on-one sessions, teaching life skills, leadership and personal development
- Provide one-on-one English language conversation sessions
- Serve as role models
You are also encouraged to share your skills, talents, passions and interests with the students.
- Critical Thinking
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- up to 40 hours/week
- Live in the dormitory with the students and provide mentorship, teaching and leadership training