Are you passionate about travel? Do you keep your toothpaste in TSA-approved containers know all of the best secrets? Do you love to put together talks, screenings, and panel discussions with fellow travelers? Then become a host of HI New York's Travelers' Guild, our monthly meetup!
HI New York is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to youth travel in New York, and the largest hostel in North America.
Travelers' Guild meetups take place all over New York and in our beautiful Victorian mansion on the Upper West Side, and in the summer even takes place outside in our courtyard. They take place once a month, and have covered budget travel, mid-career travel breaks and funding yourself on the road among others in the past.
Note: All volunteers must be punctual and able to commit to regular attendance over a 4-month term. Meetups are from 7pm-10pm, perfect for after work.
- Help cultivate an active group of travelers, travel enthusiasts, and more
- Manage logistics and prep sites for meetups
- Receive volunteer hours that can be applied towards free hostel stays anywhere in our network of over 50 hostels in the USA
- Be eligible for volunteer trainings, appreciation events and more
Benefits for Volunteering with HI USA include:
-Earn complimentary HI USA Membership and dorm overnights
-Meet other travel enthusiasts
-Learn about travel opportunities and hostelling
If interested, please complete the Become a Volunteer form and the Online Orientation here: https://volunteers.hiusa.org/
- Public Speaking
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training