Help Introduce Travelers to NYC: Be a Welcome Party Host at HI NYC
239 people are interested
Are you interested in meeting people from all over the world? We're looking for people of all ages who want to be part of the travel community! HI New York is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to youth travel in New York, and the largest hostel in North America.
Two nights a week we host happy hours called Welcome Parties with guests from all over the world. Do you enjoy different cultures? Do you like learning or speaking different languages? This is the perfect opportunity to interact with people from all over the world!
Welcome Parties take place in our beautiful landmarked building on the Upper West Side, and in the summer even takes place outside in our courtyard. Hours are from 6:30pm-9pm, including an hour for setup.
Note: All volunteers must be punctual and able to commit to regular attendance (1x per 1 to 2 weeks) over a 4 to 6 week term or longer.
- Train on how to safely serve alcohol (beer and wine) and receive certification after six apprentice sessions
- Serve as representatives of New York to a global audience
- Help develop conversational prompts for guests staying at the hostel
- Receive volunteer hours that can be applied towards free hostel stays anywhere in our network of over 50 hostels in the USA
- Be eligible for volunteer trainings, appreciation events and more
We'll work with your schedule.
891 Amsterdam Ave.New York, NY 10025
- Event Planning / Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Management
- Food Service
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training