Party Host: Bartend, Converse, and Interact with World Travelers!
258 people are interested
Are you interested in meeting people, especially younger travelers, from all over the world? We're looking for people of all ages who want to meet and interact with these travelers! HI New York is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to youth travel in New York, and the largest hostel in North America.
Welcome Parties take place in our beautiful landmarked building on the Upper West Side, and in the summer even takes place outside in our courtyard. Hours are from 6:30pm-9pm, including an hour for setup.
Note: All volunteers must be punctual and able to commit to regular attendance (1x per 1 to 2 weeks) over a 4 to 6 week term or longer.
- Train on how to safely serve alcohol (beer and wine) and receive certification after six apprentice sessions
- Serve as representatives of New York to a global audience
- Help develop conversational prompts for guests staying at the hostel
- Receive volunteer hours that can be applied towards free hostel stays anywhere in our network of over 50 hostels in the USA
- Be eligible for volunteer trainings, appreciation events and more
About Hostelling International New York
891 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY 10025, US
To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling.
HI New York's volunteer program serves the over quarter-million visitors each year who stay in North America's largest and New York's most popular hostel. For over 20 years, HI New York has welcomed travelers to New York City. Our goal is to create active world citizens and to have a broader understanding of the world. We are looking for people to help our hostellers connect with New York and the world.
We'll work with your schedule.
891 Amsterdam Ave.New York, NY 10025
- Event Planning / Management
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Management
- Food Service
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training