We're looking for young people who love event planning and travel! HI New York is the largest nonprofit organization dedicated to youth travel in New York, and the largest hostel in North America.
Once a month, we work with outside partners to host special events at our hostel, from cooking classes and film screenings to music performances and events open to our guests and the public. Past partners have included the New York Travel Festival, Nomading Film Festival, Slideluck and more.
Are you more on the shy side? Feel free to bring a friend so you can both volunteer.
Special Events take place in our beautiful Victorian mansion on the Upper West Side, and in the summer even takes place outside in our courtyard. Hours vary from event to event, but shifts last no more than 6 hours.
Note: All volunteers must be punctual and able to commit to regular attendance over a 4-month period. This opportunity is available to all ages.
- Train on how to safely serve alcohol (beer and wine) and receive certification after six apprentice sessions (21+ only)
- Serve as representatives of New York to a global audience
- Help with setting up equipment, tables and other logistics
- Coordinating with vendors and food sponsors
- Receive volunteer hours that can be applied towards free hostel stays anywhere in our network of over 50 hostels in the USA
- Be eligible for volunteer trainings, appreciation events and more
- Event Design & Planning
- Food & Beverage Services
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 12-week terms, flexible