The Development Director (Director) will spearhead development efforts for Just Speak Incorporated in collaboration with our Executive Director. The Director will have the opportunity to use their skills to build our development function.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Just Speak's annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Raiser's Edge or a comparable fundraising tool, and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing organization of special events
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Previous experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Raiser's Edge or a comparable fundraising tool
**Willingness to look into potential funding sources.
**Willingness to submit grants in a timely manner, properly monitor and administer; including supplying missing information.
**Willingness to keep careful records to track proposals.
** Occasionally works with administration, executive board and fundraisng team with campaigns.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Child Welfare
- Strategic Planning
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 5-10 hours weekly
- Knowledge of Metro Detroit resources, public speaking, personable