Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey has 62 Service Units throughout our 7 counties in New Jersey that each comprise of a Servite Unit Team of multiple volunteers in various positions. Each Service Unit Team has many dedicated volunteers working to build the Girl Scout experience in their immediate area.
The role of the Service Unit Team and its members is to promote and uphold the mission of GSHNJ and GSUSA in partnership with Council staff in order to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Specific emphasis is on reaching girls and adults from every demographic within Council jurisdiction. Volunteer management teams guide and support local Girl Scouting ensuring Council policies and procedures are administered and adhered to.
Service unit team members and troop representatives meet several times throughout the year to share ideas, receive training, and talk about important announcements.
The team may help by:
- Arranging meeting places for troops to meet
- Being responsible for communicating with girls and parents/guardians
- Locating adults with special skills to facilitate a specialized meeting
- Assisting with trips and chaperoning
- Managing group records
- Customer Service
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Professional Development
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- All adult volunteers must complete an online membership registration and a volunteer application