- Tamarisk companion volunteers are a caring in-home presence 2 to 4 hours per week for persons coping with life-threatening illness who are residing in Anoka County and adjoining cities.
- We define life-threatening illness as: *chronic life-limiting (such as Parksinson's, ALS, Alzheimer's); and/or * persons receiving palliataive care or hospice care.
- While attending to non-medical needs, we create a safe haven for the thoughts, feelings & concerns of the ptient.
- As important, we provide much-needed respite for the primary caregiver. Please refer to our website for an overview of our organization and mission: www.tamarisk.org.
- Tamarisk DOES NOT CHARGE for volunteers' time. This is a free service!
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours per week.