Companionship volunteer to persons with life-threatening illness
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
- Tamarisk companion volunteers are a caring in-home presence 2 to 4 hours per week for persons coping with life-threatening illness who are residing in Anoka County and adjoining cities.
- We define life-threatening illness as: *chronic life-limiting (such as Parksinson's, ALS, Alzheimer's); and/or * persons receiving palliataive care or hospice care.
- While attending to non-medical needs, we create a safe haven for the thoughts, feelings & concerns of the ptient.
- As important, we provide much-needed respite for the primary caregiver. Please refer to our website for an overview of our organization and mission: www.tamarisk.org.
- Tamarisk DOES NOT CHARGE for volunteers' time. This is a free service!
About Tamarisk , Inc.
15531 Central Ave NE, Ham Lake, MN 55304, US
Tamarisk volunteers are a caring presence. We create a safe haven for the thoughts, feelings, and concerns of persons faced with the end stages of life-threatening illness as we attend to their non-medical needs. Our volunteers often simultaneously provide much-needed respite to caregivers, all at no cost to those we serve.(Minnesota).
Our well-trained volunteers quietly enter the lives of persons faced with life-threatening illness by offering compassionate, life-enhancing friendship, often assisting with non-medical tasks or projects. In addition, we are able to provide much-needed respite to the caregivers who are coping with the relentless demands created by illness. Included under the umbrella of life-threatening illnesses are chronic life-limiting illness such as heart disease, Lou Gehrig's (ALS), Parkinson's, Huntigton's, and Alzheimer's; and acute life-threatening illnesses such as cancer. Tamarisk supports people of any age who may or may not be elligible for other services, and often supplements palliative or hospice care services.
We'll work with your schedule.
Companions' homesAnoka, NE Hennepin, NW Ramsey counties, MN 55304
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 4 hours per week.