Do you love farmers' markets? Do you want to increase fresh food access in your neighborhood? Then join the Farmers' Market Brigade!
Brigade volunteers help distribute Produce Plus checks at participating neighborhood farmers’ markets in DC. Through the Produce Plus program, DC residents who receive SNAP, WIC, Medicaid, Medicare QMB, TANF, Grocery Plus (Senior CSFP), or SSI Disability can receive $10 twice per week to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables.
The farmers’ markets and the city need your help to run this program!
As a volunteer, your key responsibilities are:
- Commit to 5 volunteer slots between June and September (4-5 hours of time each)
- Attend one two-hour training
- Distribute Produce Plus checks at a farmers’ market
- Treat all farmers' market customers with respect and dignity
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At least 5 volunteer shifts between Jun - Nov.