NVFS is looking for volunteer groups of up to 8 to bring and serve brunch or Dinner to the residents of its SERVE's Family Care Shelter on weekends and holidays. Volunteers must purchase, prepare ands serve meals, may be brought in or prepared on-site in our fully equipped kitchen. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old (volunteers 16 -18 allowed with parent) Prior experience with meals is helpful. Volunteers will feel great knowing they are providing a home-cooked meal to adults and children coping with a homeless situation. This is a great group opportunity for corporate and civic groups as well as families and churches.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Must complete confidentiality agreement; volunteers under 18 MUST be part of group or with a parent
- Put a Smile on a Shelter Child's...
- We Need You To Help End Hunger
- Provide shelter residents with...
- Your Smile Can Help the Hungry
- Shelter Camp Counselor
- Summer Yard Sale! (Pack-up)
- Use Your Office Skills and Warm...
- You Can Help Drive Out Hunger
- Summer Yard Sale! (Prep)
- Serve a Meal to the Homeless
- Summer Yard Sale! (Set-up)
- Donation Room Organization
- Shelter Driver Needed to Help...
- Summer Weekends are Perfect For...
- Volunteer 'FORE" Good: Golf...