The Major Gifts Volunteer will help advance a Development plan, which is focused on driving and supporting strategy for the organization and AFC+A network through revenue generation and strategic partnerships. The Major Gifts Volunteers will be primarily responsible for front-line fundraising, cultivating and maintaining a portfolio of investor and partner relationships, identifying new AFC+A supporters for the organizations main two initiatives (www.mvpress.org, www.americaslatinoecofestival.org),as well as maintaining and deepening relationships with established champions.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is energized by the opportunity to serve as an external leader for a young organization with a big original vision, galvanizing diverse stakeholders in support of AFC+As mission.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the acquisition of new donors and supporters for afc+a's national work and regions’ work locally, including identifying and researching new prospects, crafting engagement plans, and cultivating relationships
- Ultimately drive the mission-critical function of securing major gifts
- Cultivate champions for afc+a across the country in the spirit of raising awareness of environmental justice and the arts' role in advancing climate and inclusive diversity education.
Relationship Management, Stewardship Development Strategy:
- Partner with AFC+A's director in relationship-building activities
- Partner with afc+a teammates to plan and execute the broader fundraising strategy, including to envision, develop, and execute specific engagement and giving opportunities
- Align fundraising efforts to key priorities of afc+a, establishing a close feedback loop between key donor prospects and afc+a leadership
- Provide critical input into proposals, including into written proposals
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional work experience, with experience in fundraising
- Track record of successful senior stakeholder management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills appropriate to engage a senior, external audience
- Ability to problem solve and to navigate and lead through complexity
- Energized by a fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Self-starter with an intense focus on results and the ability to persevere through challenges to reach goals
- A positive, "can-do" attitude
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial non-profit environment strongly preferred
Flexible; Colorado strongly preferred. Possibility to work from home office in other locations locations for ideal candidate.
This is a 2015 non paid position with growth potential for a paid salary in 2016.
- Resource Development / Management
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment