35 people are interested
We're seeking two volunteers whom will assist the organizations President and Vice President,
Administrative Assistants ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of office support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquires to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
Assist with financial management
- Use computer software to prepare invoices and financial statements
- Code and file financial material according to established records management procedures
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup
- Prepare accurate bank reconciliations and deposits
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures
- Assist with financial reports as required
- Month end duties as required
Provide Board support
- With the Executive Director, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board
- Support the Board with meeting, travel and other arrangements
- Draft minutes of Board meetings for review by the Executive Director
- Create action list for management staff from board meetings
- High School Diploma
- Post secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Word processing
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices and ensure own behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- 1-3 years experience in an office setting
About Street Angel Project, Inc.
55 Clay St, Annapolis, MD 21401, US
Street Angel Project, Inc. is committed to serving individuals and families in Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia communities and beyond.
Street Angel Project, Inc. has been established to assist at-risk youths, and low-income individuals. SAP will offer community support services, and resources on a client-by-client basis.
Areas of Focus are as follow:
- Substance Abuse
- Domestic Volience
- Employment & Job-readiness
- Low Self-esteem
- Anger Management
We'll work with your schedule.
Clay StAnnapolis, MD 21401
- Administrative Support
- Executive Admin
- Office Management
- Office Reception
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check