The Development intern will gain first-hand experience in all aspects of fundraising, from crafting direct mail appeals and tracking data to researching funding prospects and planning for our annual fundraiser. As a non-profit AFC+A seeks funding from government, corporate and individual donors for all three of its initiatives: mandel vilar press, americas latino eco festival, and vilar reative agency. Development strategy is tasked with managing, soliciting and researching donations.
Development & Grant Writing internships are intended for qualified applicants seeking hands-on experience in the non-profit field. Ideal candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a charismatic personality and self-starting attitude, and a strong interest and background in nonprofit work and grant writing. The Development & Grant Writing intern works closely with AFC+A's director to maintain and further established grant and donor relations, research and cultivate new relations. Responsibilities * Direct mail--including work with mailing house and in-house * Use of Tessitura Database for list creation, gift entry, and analysis
* Acknowledgement to individual donors in coordination with the Donor Relations Manager
* Develop and provide reports as needed, fundraising reserach and grant writing.
* Benefit implementation for corporate and individual donors
* Assistance with research, reporting and support materials as needed
* Responsibilities related to Development Department goals as needed
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development & Sales Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment