Fantastic Bilingual Heroes Needed! Be an Interpreter For the Most Vulnerable of San Diego
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
205 people are interested
INTERPRETERS AND TRANSLATORS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Project Access San Diego is the Champions for Health, formerly San Diego County Medical Society Foundation, flagship program. The heart of the program are physicians and other healthcare providers who volunteer their services to provide low income individuals who do not have insurance with specialty medical care. Project Access' network of volunteers provide pro bono short term specialty care to the most vulnerable of San Diego County. Project Access is modeled after other successful programs being implemented in 50 cities around the country.
If you are an individual who possesses uncanny language skills and if you are interested in donating your time, we are happy to have you join us.
Medical Interpreter: Provide interpretive services for non-English speaking patients. Desired language is Spanish but we have a need for other languages as well. We provide you with a brief training and have you shadow experienced volunteers until comfortable. We will work hard to connect you with opportunities that meet your schedule and interests. You will also be reimbursed for you mileage.
Benefits of Volunteering:
This is an excellent opportunity for a Medical, Nursing, Public Health, Health Care Administration major, or for someone with bilingual skills who wants to get into the medical interpreting field. It is also a fine learning and resume building opportunity.
- The volunteer/intern will have the benefit of meeting and interacting with local health care leaders in San Diego County.
- Shadow experienced interpreters.
- Help whenever you have the time with appointments all over San Diego County.
- Receive discounted/ free classes and workshops from our partners (*CHIA, ATISDA, ATA, NCIHC*, and more!)
- Free Medical Interpreter Training Provided
- Strong letters of recommendation provided and proof of hours if needed.
- Receive compensation for your mileage or other expenses.
- Fluent in another language besides English (Spanish is main need but open to other languages).
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Highly responsible and professional with a strong attention to detail
- Experience and comfort with the handling of confidential information
If interested please contact our volunteer coordinator, Andrew Gonzalez at:
andrew.gonzalez@Championsfh.org or at (858) 300-2787
We'll work with your schedule.
5575 Ruffin RoadSuite 250San Diego, CA 92123
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training