Interested in helping us protect, conserve, enhance and promote Winnebago County’s natural heritage? Join us for fresh air and exercise while enjoying the beauty of your forest preserves the third Saturday of each month at various forest preserves. We'll provide work gloves and light refreshments.
Saturday, May 21st - Blackhawk Springs Forest Preserve (5360 Mulford Road in Cherry Valley, IL) 9 a.m. until Noon. We'll learn about and remove invasive plant species under the direction of our natural resource staff. Afterward, we'll relax and celebrate at "Nature Fiesta" at noon!
To ensure adequate workday supplies and refreshments, please RSVP by calling (815) 877-6100, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proper outdoor workday attire is recommended - long pants, long sleeve shirts and sturdy shoes/boots. Sandals/flip flops are not permitted.
- Bring a water bottle, insect repellent and sunscreen.
- We'll provide training, work gloves, a light snack and extra water.
- In case of rain, the workday will be cancelled. Check our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute event information!
This activity is suitable for volunteers of all ages--participants under 18 yrs. old must have parent/guardian signature for waiver, and those under 13 yrs. old will require adult supervision.
Check our website for 2016 Volunteer Workdays! www.winnebagoforest.org
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours
- Proper outdoor workday attire recommended (no flip flops)