Our nonprofit foundation is seeking a social media strategist to create and build up our social media presence. They will use our social media platforms to deepen brand engagement, enhance our existing online community, expand our audience, accelerate traffic, and drive interest. This person will develop, optimize, and drive the integration of all social media tactics and channels.
The strategist will also ensure that our social media presence is running in clear alignment with and in support of the Dr. Barbara Seniors Harkins Foundation identity and mission. Must have a deep understanding of how to leverage social media.
- Will develop a social media strategy to increase awareness and audience engagement
- Will implement and develop the overall strategy
- lead all social media efforts w/the core objective of shaping and managing brand reputation
- basic messaging and visuals shared through Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram (multiple times daily)
- will cover foundation programs as well as promote foundation work
- also post content/info provided by foundation’s Program Director
- ensures that best analytics are effectively deployed to improve impact of all social media efforts
- Highly engaged, both personally and professionally, in social media
- multitasker with strong project management skills
- advanced knowledge on how to leverage social networking sites, tools, plugins, video, photo sharing sites, etc.
- demonstrated knowledge of web graphic design programs
- knowledge and understanding of basic marketing principles and strategies
- willingness to keep abreast of industry trends and technologies; contribute frequent suggestions
- strong internet research skills with the ability to find and compile interesting and relevant content, including news items, photos, and videos
- demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills to deal with internal and external contacts
- willingness to work across departments
- excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to resolve problems in an effective and diplomatic manner
- knowledge of Hootsuite
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more years of social media and/or email marketing experience - or an equivalent blend of education and experience
- minimum of 3 years of professional social media work experience, including demonstrated success using social media to grow a brand or non-profit organization through creative out-of-the-box thinking
Please send your resume, or if you need more information to:
Note: This is a Volunteer Position.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-8 hours a week