CITY OF SARATOGA SPRINGS
JOB TITLE : Literacy Center Tutor
DEPARTMENT : Library
STATUS : part-time, 2.5-5 hours per a week. Center hours are 4:15 to 5:30 Monday-Thursday.
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVAL DATE : February 2, 2015 SALARY RANGE: Volunteer
SUPERVISOR: Literacy Center Tutor Coordinator, if available
Literacy Center Coordinator, if available
The Literacy Center Tutor, under the direction of the Literacy Center Tutor Coordinator performs works with a child between the ages of 5 to 10 to provide tutoring services related to reading, writing, and comprehension. Tutors can register to tutor for one or two days a week.SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Literacy Center Tutor CoordinatorSUPERVISION EXERCISED
- Provides tutoring services to children between Pre-K to 5 th grade, following already provided curriculum
- Assists with set up and take down of tutoring space
- Organize materials as needed for session
- Assist student with computer and computer programs as assigned as part of curriculum
- Attends any necessary tutor training, prior to the beginning of each session of the Literacy Center
- Ensures the safety and participation of assigned student
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Note: This description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Minimum age requirement 12 years
- Minimum 1 session commitment
- Ability to communicate positively with young children and their parents/guardians
- Ability to organize and follow through with planned activities
- Give supervisor 24 hour notice if unable to meet volunteer commitment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates for the Literacy Center Tutor position are able to read at a 5 th grade level.
Typically sit at a desk, on the floor or at a table.
Interested candidates should fill out the Library Volunteer application and submit to:
City of Saratoga Springs
Attention: Melissa Grygla
1307 N Commerce, Dr, Suite 200
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
Applications are available at: http://www.saratogaspringscity.com/library
Applications can be emailed to MGrygla@saratogaspringscity.com.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- One session