CITY OF SARATOGA SPRINGS
JOB TITLE : Library Shelving Assistant
DEPARTMENT : Library
STATUS : part-time, 2-10 hours weekly
JOB DESCRIPTION APPROVAL DATE : SALARY RANGE: Volunteer
SUPERVISOR: Library Clerks, if available
The Library Page, under the direction of the Library Clerks performs entry-level, professional work for the City of Saratoga Springs Library. The position requires attention to detail, good organization skills, and the ability to work positively with the general public.SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Library ClerksSUPERVISION EXERCISED
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public and cooperates and maintains and effective relationship with other staff members as a part of a team
- Shelves library materials in proper order
- Does shelf reading to assure materials are in proper order
- Locates requested items
- Answers directional questions
- Assists in other room activities as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Note: This description lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
- Minimum age requirement 14 years
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- An awareness of the purpose and function of the public library
- Ability to learn routine library procedures
- Give supervisor 24 hour notice if unable to meet volunteer commitment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates for the Library Shelving Assistant position have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English at an 8 th grade level.
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks weighing 100-300 lbs.
- Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
- Stand for a long time in one area.
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves
Interested candidates should complete a City Application and submit it along with a resume to:
City of Saratoga Springs
Attention: Melissa Grygla
1307 N Commerce, Dr, Suite 200
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
Volunteer Applications are available at: http://www.saratogaspringscity.com/library
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Literacy / Reading
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Months
- Once a week for at least two hours.