WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
We need your help! Reach Out and Read Connecticut and Massachusetts is seeking volunteers to help us get books into the hands of disadvantaged children. If you love books and children, this is an opportunity for you! We can use all kinds or help from students to adults. Here are some opportunities we have for you to give back by helping children learn to read:
- Book Drives: Coordinate new and gently used children's book drives for us!
- Fundraising: From car washes to bake sales, read-a-thons, small events or galas, we need help raising funds to purchase books and help low-income children learn to read.
- Communications: Help us with our social media and other marketing needs.
- Graphic and Website Design: Help to keep our website up to date and design marketing and program materials for us.
- Advocacy Work: Help us get the word out about our amazing work by speaking with local legislators, city officials, schools, libraries, civic organizations and let them know what we do!
- Administrative Opportunities: We are a lean organization and can always use help with administrative and marketing projects.
Basically, if you love books and children, we can find an opportunity for you to help them!
Volunteer must reside in Connecticut or Massachusetts or be able to travel there when needed.
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check