Under the supervision of the Founder/Executive Director and/or office manager or other staff member, provide tutoring to students when the primary tutor is unavailable. All tutoring must be conducted online under supervision of New Heights Educational Group staff or at the NHEG office or other location designated and agreed upon by all parties. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them at least three hours a week. We are not like traditional tutoring services; we do not tutor to get a student through an assignment but to figure out the gaps and help the student fill them in with knowledge and hard work. Other assistance might include reviewing class material, discussing the text, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Childhood Education (or similar)
- 1-2 years experience teaching or tutoring at K-12 level
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diversity of students
To be considered, please send a resume, and three (3) references with email addresses to Dr. Marina K at email@example.com . Please use the Subject Line: NHEG Substitute Teacher/Tutor (your name)IMPORTANT!
All new tutors (substitutes and/or assistants) must complete a background check at their own expense and participate in tutor training. After signing up, tutors should review job description document in depth.
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Special Needs
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- up to three hours a week per student and class
- references, resume, experience working with students, or other training
- Internet Radio Host
- Marketing Director for a Non...
- Content management on WordPress...
- PDF Presenter and Virtual...
- Book Author for educational...
- Videographer and cinematographers
- Blackboard Learn/Coursesites...
- Science Tutor for High school...
- Event Coordinator/ Decorator
- Volunteer - part time...
- Educational Advocate
- Partnership Builder
- Marketing and Advertising Expert...
- Online Foreign Language...
- Subsitute Teacher/Tutor Volunteer
- Research Coordinator
- Online Class Monitors
- Assistant Virtual Development...
- Grant Writers
- Fieldtrip and Travel Coordinator