Mentors help recently arrived refugees become acquainted with the surrounding community and face the challenges of resettling in a new country. This is a critical period when refugees need assistance learning the basics of life in a new place, including things like public transportation, the banking system, public schools, managing personal healthcare, conversational English and getting involved in their community. Mentors meet with an individual or a family for two hours per week during their first three months in the U.S.
Are you 55 or older? The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Solid Ground is a national service program that makes volunteering easy and rewarding by finding volunteer positions for those 55 years and older. We partner with 60 public and nonprofit organizations in need of volunteers and can help find the right opportunity for you!
Volunteers - the heart of the community. Contact RSVP now.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- 2-3 hours per week for 3 months
- Cooking Matters Class Assistant
- 55 or older? Improve food...
- Tutor Children & Youth
- Assist with Children & Youth...
- Child Care
- Child/Youth Group Assistant
- Nutrition Education: Class...
- RSVP - for those 55 & older, and...
- Chef Instructor
- 55 or older? Help a child reach...
- RSVP needs volunteers to assist...
- Adult Day and Companionship
- Share Your Love of Cooking and...
- Nutrition Instructor
- 55 or older? Mentor newly...
- After School Tutor