89 people are interested
Sexual Assault Hotline Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Aurora Healing Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
89 people are interested
Aurora Healing & Advocacy Services is currently in need of hotline volunteers!
Hotline Volunteers are responsible for responding to our 24-hour confidential hotline at the Aurora Healing Center at Sinai Hospital. Volunteers are expected to assess and address the needs of the caller by providing information and referrals, emotional support, and crisis intervention.
This position requires a minimum of 12 hours of coverage per month and a minimum of a 6-month commitment.
Extensive volunteer training is required for this position, and the next volunteer training is:
- Wednesday 10/5 5:30pm-8:30pm (SA/DV 101 part 1)
- Thursday 10/6 5:30pm-8:30pm (SA/DV 101 part 2)
- Wednesday 10/12 5:30pm-8:30pm (Hotline part 1)
- Thursday 10/13 5:30pm-8:30pm (Hotline part 2)
On top of these real time trainings (TBD whether they are in person/virtual or combination of both), there are some pre-recorded trainings that volunteers must watch on their own time. Training is about 15 hours total.
Please note all volunteers are required to have received, or be willing to receive their Covid vaccination, per Advocate Aurora policy.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Aurora Healing Center
945 N. 12th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
Aurora Healing & Advocacy Services offers crisis intervention and long-term healing services for sexual and domestic violence.
When you call the Aurora Healing Center Hotline at (414) 219-5555 - or visit an Aurora Healing Center - you’ll be connected with our team of trained caregivers. They’ll provide support and help with a variety of different aspects of your healing journey, including:
- Helping you find resources and fill out paperwork
- Accompanying you on medical, legal and court-related appointments
- Contacting criminal justice or social service agencies on your behalf
- Offering therapy and counseling services
- Connecting you with other helpful resources and organizations as needed
Your caregiver will be with you every step of the way, offering support and understanding - from the moment you contact us throughout the entire healing process.
945 N. 12th StreetPOB Suite 109Milwaukee, WI 53233
August 1, 2022
- People Skills
- Crisis Intervention
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 12 hours per month, w/ 1 year committment
- 15 hours of training, TB Test, MMR vaccination history, Flu Shot, Covid Vaccination