Volunteer Ombudsman - Winchester, MA
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Life in a nursing or rest home is not always easy. Many residents are alone and feeling powerless. Our Volunteer Ombudsmen are advocates for residents living in long-term care facilities. Ombudsmen offer a way for residents and their loved ones to voice their complaints and have their concerns addressed so that residents can live their lives with dignity and respect.
Our Volunteer Ombudsmen work within the system to improve the quality of life and care of residents. Each Volunteer Ombudsman is assigned to one nursing home and generally visits on weekly basis.
Start by being trained and then certified by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Goals of the Ombudsman Program are to:
- Receive, investigate and work to resolve concerns of residents.
- Educate residents, families and providers about resident rights.
- Refer individuals to other appropriate agencies for assistance when resolution of a concern is not possible through the Ombudsman Program.
- Advocate for positive change to the long term care system in Massachusetts.
- Provide information and assist consumers in selecting a long term care facility.
- Keep the identities of residents and complainants confidential unless the person making the complaint consents to having such information released, or abuse or neglect are involved.
If you are interested in learning more:
Call 781-272-7177 and ask for the Ombudsman Program.
You can visit our website for details about this and other volunteer opportunities.
Our offices are located at 26 Crosby Drive in Bedford, MA and we serve 16 Massachusetts communities including: Acton, Arlington, Bedford, Boxborough, Burlington, Carlisle, Concord, Harvard, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, Wilmington, Winchester and Woburn.
Our Volunteer Ombudsmen are assigned to one nursing home within our service area.
We'll work with your schedule.
A Nursing Home in WinchesterWinchester, MA 01890
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Once trained, about 2 hours per week.
- Attend a three-day training and become certified.