Faith in Action of the Greater Kanawha Valley is building a virtual army of volunteers to assist seniors and the disabled in our community with a variety of tasks. Our volunteers have the flexibility to select which opportunities speak to their hearts and to perform as many or as few hours of service per month as they can. Once you have completed the steps and have become a full-service volunteer, you are given access to our calendar of events, listing every service request we receive. You are then able to view the calendar and select those events you are able to fill, based on your own schedule, wishes, etc. Opportunities are available weekdays, evenings, and weekends, at your choosing.
Opportunities that will be avaialbe to you include:
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Transportation to grocery store/pharmacy/errands
- Grocery shopping or other errands FOR the care receiver
- Friendly visits
- Telephone reassurance calls
- Short term respite visits
- Minor home repairs & maintenance
We also have many random opportunities throughout the year for one-time initiatives, such as assisting with a move, or a paining project.
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- No minimum
- Driver's license and current insurance policy required of transportation volunteers.