We are seeking GREAT board members to join the Boys & Girls Clubs of Medford and Somerville. We are a working board who cares deeply about upholding the values of the BGC, and we hope to add community leaders, passionate advocates for children, and just plain old hard workers to our board. Preference will be given to residents and employees in Somerville and Medford.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Active participation: attend board meetings, serve on committees, engage in discussions and the decision-making process
2. Come prepared: review documents prior to meetings, become familiar with policies and procedures
3. Contribute to the organization: ideas, time, skills; and contribute materially through donations, fundraising, solicitation or in other ways. We ask for you to submit your pledge to "give or get" each year.
4. Fiduciary oversight: help define budgetary priorities, review financial statements to safeguard fiscal solvency, and enforce legal requirements for audits and compliance with safety and soundness regulations
5. Promotion of the organization: outreach, networking, educating the membership and broader public; organizing events, producing publications, public speaking. Work to raise money for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Middlesex County, in whatever ways are best suited for you. These include making face to face asks for support, helping with special events, thanking current supports, participating in our direct mail solicitations.
6. Encourage others to support the Club’s mission through inviting and accompanying prospective supports on tours of the Club, following up with potential donors and hosting gatherings of potential donors.
We recommend interested board members have a minimum of five years professional experience.
Interested in learning more? Please contact Christine Scarafoni at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Resource Development / Management
- Facilities Management
- Donor Management
- Youth Services
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- ~10 hours / month