Ethos offers a minimum six month internship program for individuals interested in careers in non-profit management, elder care services, social work and community organization.
The internship provides the opportunity to develop care, compassion and community for homebound elders in Southwest Boston: Jamaica Plain, Hyde Park, Mattapan, Roslindale and West Roxbury. Interns have active roles in our Volunteer Services Department and commit to a combination of volunteer programs of at least 3-4 service hours per week. Interns are also required to volunteer during Ethos’ special calendar events that occur throughout the year (West Roxbury Rocks!, Senior Prom). In addition, interns are welcome to attend office meetings that shed light on the ins and outs of non-profit work, case management, social work, and community organization.
Friendly Visitor - Become a friend and visit an elder’s home to provide companionship, share interests and relieve loneliness
Medical Escort - Escort an elder to and from medical appointments
Shopper/Shopping Escort - Shop for or with an elder and assist with storing items
Telephone Reassurance Caller - Make telephone calls to elders to check on their well-being and relieve loneliness
Facilitate volunteer card making projects
Facilitate volunteer yard work projects
- Elder care
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Grocery Shop with a Senior!
- Volunteer Services Intern at...
- Advocate for Elders in long term...
- Do you speak Spanish? An Elder...
- Vulnerable seniors need your help!
- Visit a Senior in West Roxbury!
- Senior Companions Needed!
- Relieve Loneliness - Become a...
- Visit a Senior in Hyde Park!
- Shop with a Senior!
- Male Friendly Visitors Needed!
- Volunteer Bill Payers for Seniors!
- PCA Office Volunteer