Leadership and Executive Development
Must be at least a junior in undergraduate studies, a graduate, a graduate student or a PhD Candidate.
Must provide two writing sames along with current resume to receive consideration.
If your college or university has semester credit for work experience, this opportunity definitely qualifies.
Work experience gained will definitely add credentials and unique experiences to your resume
Must work a minimum of 10 hours per week; doesn't matter which days or time, except when we may need to speak on the telephone.
Assignment will include some of the following depending on student interest and abilities:
- Help identify premier best practices and approaches to OnBoard federal executives, managers and employees. Research private industry practices and locate where it is conducted effectively in the federal sector. Document research; prepare in-depth executive-level report and recommendations. Create and draft program guidelines to be piloted at the Department of Energy.
- Learn how to use DOE Web Site and help update learning and development program information in the DOE Virtual University. Research and create self-study modules about the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ’s) and submit them for publication in the "Leadership Development Resource Center".
- Work directly with SESCDP Program Manager to revise DOE Senior Executive Service Career Development Program (SESCDP), develop and discuss program recommendations with DOE senior executives; present recommendations to the Learning and Development Board of Directors. Help draft DOE guidelines, elicit agency-wide thoughts and reactions, and incorporate suggestions to finalize SESCDP Guidelines.
- Research best practices in private industry and the federal sector for creating a program and guidelines for "Continued Executive Development" at the Department of Energy. Create a new approach for establishing several models for "Executive Development Plans" that would serve new or seasoned senior executives.
- Lead efforts in creating and editing publications for use in communicating information about the Department of Energy for new managers and employees, for recruitment and for people from other agencies who want to know more about our efforts in energy research and development.
- Assist in conducting a nationwide study of Executive Learning Programs offered by colleges and universities; use results to publish a government-wide catalogue of these programs which is currently in use by more than 150,000 federal executives, managers and employees nationwide.
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Strategy
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10+ Hours per week
- Must provide two writing samples to be considered. Must agree to follow-through on commitments.