Foothill Family Thrift Store is in need of volunteers to help sort through donations, gain experience as a cashier, and support our staff!
This opportunity is perfect for people seeking to gain experience in a retail setting or for anyone just interested in giving back to the community.
Our thirft store offers flexbility in scheduling. We are open seven days a week!
ALL of the proceeds generated by Foothill Family Shelter go towards supporting the mission of Foothill Family Shelter.
The mission of Foothill Family Shelter is to assure children and adults a future by helping them acquire skills that will enable them to maintain a home, job and at the same time develop the necessary self-esteem to function as a successful stable adult.
Our volunteers will be an integral part of the 'behind the scenes’ operations in the Foothill Family Thrift Store that will allow for consistent stocking of our sales floor. Volunteers and/or volunteer groups will be required to do the following tasks and duties:
- Receive and organize donations of in-kind donations from the community at large
- Sort and identify merchandise that meets store quality requirements and those that are chosen for our resident program needs
- Wash and clean housewares and home items for the sales floor.
- Tag merchandise for the sales floor so that customers can easily identify the price and sale of each item
- Move or 'push’ merchandise onto the sales room floor when replenishment is need and placed in the appropriate places
- Keeping the work area(s) organized, neat and clean for other volunteer groups or staff
- Assist with managing, tracking or identifying inventory needs as necessary
- Assisting with sales promotions and events for the store as needed
- Complete projects and assignments as directed by staff
Volunteers in this opportunity should be able to abide by the following requirements:
- Work in a fast-paced and active environment
- Be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
- Stand for a period of 1-2 hours at a time
- Be detail-oriented, organized and neat in their surroundings
- Be able to take direction, listen to staff and following instructions
- Remain dedicated to their volunteer responsibilities during their service
- Be friendly, flexible and have a passion for helping the homeless in your community
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training