The Samaritans of New York, which has operated the NYC’s 24-hour suicide hotline for over 30 years, is seeking candidates for our next training class. The work is challenging, the training intensive and the experience extremely rewarding! And though you cannot solve everyone's problems, it's satisfying to know that when someone reaches out for help--You’re There!
Samaritans is currently accepting applicants for the upcoming Hotline Training Class. If you are interested in becoming a Samaritans volunteer, please contact us to attend an orientation.
To receive a Volunteer Information packet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
-your full name
-residential street address
-Inquire through our website: http://samaritansnyc.org/volunteer-2/
- Call 212-673-3041 to receive a Volunteer Information Packet by mail
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Must be at least 21
- Good English speaking + written skills
- Willing to work as part of a collaborative team
- Available to donate:
- 1 weekday morning, afternoon, evening or weekend shift a week
- 1 overnight shift a month
- No experience necessary!
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Public Relations
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 Hours per week