Provide excellent off-site animal care and match great adopters with adoptable dogs/cats while positively representing the Yakima Humane Society (YHS).
The Offsite Adoption Ambassador represents the Yakima Humane Society at canine / feline adoption events. This volunteer is responsible for preparing supplies and animals, interacting with the public and animal care during the event.
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Assist in the preparation and transport of adoptable animals and appropriate supplies in YHS- provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle.
2) Supervise and provide care for animals to, from and throughout the adoption event.
3) Excellent Customer Service: Interact with potential adopters, assist in screening potential adopters, and represent YHS and its mission positively.
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 3 events a year; Dates vary
- Skills listed are not required but desired, Responsible for own transportation