Assist the Yakima Humane Society (YHS) staff with excellent customer service and other administrative needs. The Information Desk Ambassador represents the YHS to guests and customers visiting the shelter. This volunteer is responsible for welcoming visitors, ensuring efficient traffic flow through the shelter, answering basic shelter operations questions, some animal handling, and above all excellent customer service.
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Welcome visitors into the shelter. Direct customers to appropriate area or staff person.
2) Coordinate daily public dog walking program - direct visitors to walkable dogs, review dog walking guidelines, ensure dogs are signed out/in for walking
3) Answer basic questions regarding shelter operations, including adoption processess, lost/found program, spay/neuter programs and current adoptable animals. Refer questions to staff.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimally 8 hours per month for 4 months
- Listed skills are not required but desired; Must be willing to work with public visitors