Help to expand Yakima Humane Society (YHS) community outreach and public education programming.
The Education/Events Ambassador represents the Yakima Humane Society (YHS) at community events and/or education programs. This volunteer is responsible for assisting YHS Staff in preparing supplies, interacting with and educating the public about YHS programs and services. Community events usually occur on weekends, while education programs may occur weekdays or weekends.
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Assist in preparation and transport of appropriate education supplies in YHS-provided vehicle. (Note: Use of personal vehicle for human transport may be necessary at times.)
2) Assist Outreach Manager in teaching approved humane education curriculum, interacting positively with students, community organizations and school personnel.
3) Represent YHS and its mission positively in all interactions with the public.
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Minimally 3 events a year; Events will vary
- Be flexible, Must have own transportation