Help to reduce stress and to enhance the adoptability of cats and kittens in the care of the Yakima Humane Society (YHS). Volunteers assist with light cleaning, socialize adoptable cats/kittens, use positive behavior management techniques, and keep basic records on each animal. In addition, these volunteers provide excellent customer service to visitors and guests.
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Maintain a calm, stress-free attitude and atmosphere when working with adoptable cats.
2) Spot clean condos, including changing & washing litter pans, refilling water bowls, changing bedding & toys. Socialize adoptable cats / kittens, including petting, grooming, exercising, providing toys, etc.
3) Alert staff to any unusual signs / symptoms of adoptable animals. Maintain socialization / temperament records for each animal worked with.
4) Light clean-up and side duties (washing dishes, folding laundry, etc.)
- Customer Service
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours per month, fpr 4 months
- Animal handling experince is not required, but beneficial; no court mandated hours