Help to reduce stress and to enhance the adoptability of dogs and puppies in YHS’ care. Volunteers exercise adoptable dogs/puppies, use positive behavior management techniques, and keep basic records on each animal. In addition, these volunteers provide excellent customer service to visitors and guests.
Essential Responsibilities :
1) Maintain a calm, stress-free attitude and atmosphere when working with adoptable dogs.
2) Take adult adoptable dogs outside for potty breaks and/or 15-30 minute walks (weather-dependent). Socialize adoptable juvenile dogs (indoors).
3) Alert staff to any unusual signs / symptoms of adoptable animals. Maintain socialization / temperament records for each animal worked with.
4) Light clean-up and side duties (washing dishes, folding laundry, poop pickup, etc.)
- Customer Service
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours per month, for 4 months
- Animal handling experience is not but always helpful, no court mandated hours