Samaritans of New York operates the city’s 24-hour suicide prevention hotline. Last year, we answered over 82,000 hotline calls. Samaritans is part of a well-established international network of 400 centers in 42 countries where over 20,000 volunteers provide crisis response and emotional support services to people who are in distress, depressed and suicidal.
Samaritans is currently accepting applicants for the upcoming Hotline Training Class. If you are interested in becoming a Samaritans volunteer, please contact us to attend an orientation.
To receive a Volunteer Information packet, please email email@example.com with the following information:
-your full name
-residential street address
-Inquire through our website: http://samaritansnyc.org/volunteer-2/
- Call 212-673-3041 to receive a Volunteer Information Packet by mail
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Must be at least 21
- Good English speaking + written skills
- Willing to work as part of a collaborative team
- Available to donate:
- 1 weekday morning, afternoon, evening or weekend shift a week
- 1 overnight shift a month
- No experience necessary!
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 Hours per Week