The Global Paint for Charity seeks individuals, strongly committed to our vision and mission, to participate in the leadership of our organization.
The Global Paint for Charity, Inc. (AKA "GPC" or "Global Paint") is a non-profit organization headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia working together with commercial businesses, residential households and other not-for-profit organizations in an effort to recycle Latex paint to change lives and protect the environment. We started our programs in March 2010, hoping to collect 500 gallons of paint to renovate schools and orphanages in the Caribbean and Africa within the year. In fact, the paint was collected in a single day was unbelievable. The spectacular response from our supporters, partners, volunteers and the media has encouraged us to continue to collect paint and raise money to distribute paint in many very poor villages in isolated rural locations around the world as we can. We have redistributed more than 120,000 gallons of paint to help with renovation and rejuvenation of family homes, homeless shelters, schools, churches, orphanages, and hospitals in many major cities in the U.S. and targeted communities around the world.
There is a huge need for paint in the world. Very many of the existing family homes, schools, churches, orphanages, and buildings that we have seen in 18 developing countries are in such a poor state of renovation and beautification that they are not only uninhabitable in the rainy season but also dangerously close to collapse. Together, we can bring hope, color, happiness, pride, encouragement, uplift the spirit of many underserved families living in slum areas and poor environmental conditions, put smiles on many faces in different continents one gallon at a time. We provide excellent feedback to all our partners and supporters, we constantly post photos of our achieved projects on our social media networks and Before and After Pictures Gallery.
According to the World Health Organization, mosquito viruses result in the deaths of more than 6 million people every year. And 2 million African children die each year from diarrhea and bad germs from the unpainted walls and insanitary conditions. Just one touch of a latex paint on the wall is to become the latest tool to reduce the number of mosquito deaths by 75% in developing countries. Many of the communities that we help to rejuvenate and beautify have no electricity, clean drinking water, no toilets, in order to ensure sustainable development in these areas we are hoping to be able to offer additional items in these communities including solar powered electricity, clean drinking water and building of new toilets. This will ensure sustainable community and enable the use of computers as well as providing light in the evenings. Your help will make a real difference to people's lives around the world and help eradicate the causes and effects of poverty and sanitation.
The Board will support the work of Global Paint, and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Passion for the mission as leaders of the organization is paramount. While day-to-day operations are led by the Executive Director, the Board-Executive Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
* With the Executive Director, Determine Mission and Purpose
* Select the Executive Director
* Support and Evaluate the Executive Director
* Ensure Effective Planning
* Monitor and Strengthen Programs and Services
* Ensure Adequate Financial Resources
* Protect Assets and Provide Financial Oversight
* Establish Sub-Committees as appropriate in order to Build a Competent Board
* Ensure Legal and Ethical Integrity
* Enhance the Organization’s Public Standing
* Ensure Global Paint’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities GPC serves.
Global Paint Board Members will be involved in fund development planning, and all categories of fundraising including grants, individual contributions, foundation and corporate giving, special events, membership campaigns, capital campaigns, and in-kind donations. At a minimum, the Board Members will be responsible for:
* Establishing a financial development plan
* Being a donor
* Monitoring plan accomplishments
* Identifying and soliciting donors
* Speaking at public relations and media vents on behalf of GPC
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Global Paint’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
* Former military experience, and/or evidence-based passion for veterans required
* Strong management and leadership experience
* High visibility and involvement in the community
* Ability to lead strategically
* Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of GPC communities and families.
Global Paint’s Board Members will serve a two-year term and will be reviewed annually. Board meetings will be held on a quarterly basis, with 3-4 meetings per year to be held in Atlanta, Georgia. Committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
Unpaid Board Position
Interested candidates are asked to send a resume or one page bio to Rony Delgarde, Executive Director at email@example.com
Thanks again for your support, and remember: While one person can make a change, only together we can change the world.
- Executive Admin
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Professional training and experience is a bonus.