Volunteer to Paint for the Poor Elderly Seniors and Widows in our Communities
52 people are interested
The Global Paint for Charity seeks individuals, strongly committed to our vision and mission, to participate in the leadership of our organization.
The Global Paint for Charity, Inc. (AKA "GPC" or "Global Paint") is a non-profit organization headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia working together with commercial businesses, residential households and other not-for-profit organizations in an effort to recycle Latex paint to change lives and protect the environment. We started our programs in March 2010, hoping to collect 500 gallons of paint to renovate schools and orphanages in the Caribbean and Africa within the year. In fact, the paint was collected in a single day was unbelievable. The spectacular response from our supporters, partners, volunteers and the media has encouraged us to continue to collect paint and raise money to distribute paint in many very poor villages in isolated rural locations around the world as we can. We have redistributed more than 120,000 gallons of paint to help with renovation and rejuvenation of family homes, homeless shelters, schools, churches, orphanages, and hospitals in many major cities in the U.S. and targeted communities around the world.
Global Paint for Charity, Inc. remains a one-of-a-kind group adding color and encouragement to people's lives worldwide. Our worldwide volunteers have painted 1500 family homes including 80 schools, 12 orphanages and 17 churches and homeless shelters. We have created many jobs right here in the U.S from Truck Drivers to light warehouse workers. Through our Juvenile Community Service and Restitution Program, young people and adults are sent by the local Juvenile Court judges and High Schools throughout the states to volunteer and work at our donation centers and warehouse facility where our staffs oversee and evaluate their work. The local high school students and Juvenile offenders have completed 2500 hours of community service so far. Our paint recycling is unique, we focus on university student engagement, and most of our work is carried out primarily through several dedicated interns from the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at GSU, Emory University and the University of Georgia, providing generous work experience while keeping our operational costs very low.
Lastly, the past few years, Global Paint for Charity has received numerous awards including, but definitely not limited to 2015 Best of Atlanta Awards for Waste Recycling & Disposal Service & Equipment, Best of Gwinnett 2015, 2014 Cynopsis Media Social Good award in the category "Social Good Shining Stars" with MAXMEDIA, Allstate’s Champion for Good 2013, 2014, Non-profit of the Year Awards with Albuquerque Business First, and multiple spotlight news stories including CNN Impact Your World, ABC and AJC to site a few. In 2016, we seek to change more lives, paint more family homes, and inspire all to paint the world beautiful.
At Global Paint for Charity, we believe a little layer of paint on the walls will change everyone life for years to come; it also protects the exterior and interior surfaces from bacteria, diseases, bad germs, mold, severe dirt, sanitation and temperature changes...Conditions that take more than 3 million lives each year.Global Paint currently supports the following projects:
- Outdoor home painting for residents that are physically and/or financially unable to paint the residence on their own including Family Homes, Orphanages, Recreational Centers for Women and Homeless.
- Painting of common neighborhood areas, which can include walls painting, community parks and sidewalks and Dividing Lanes.
- Painting a homeless shelter, repainting an historic cemetery and vacant houses.
- Repainting classrooms at a public school, libraries, churches, youth sport stadiums, Soccer, Basketball including local playgrounds and much more.
- Community Cleanup activities. Remove glasses, plastic bags, caps, plastic bottles, and other micro trash and debris that had accumulated over many years in abandoned areas in the community.
- Garden’s Restoration and Cleanup: restoring vegetable gardens, watering plants, removing weeds or adding weeds to eliminate non-native invasive plants.
- Housing Rehabilitation Projects for Veterans
Global Paint for CharityAtlanta, GA 30362
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Visual Arts
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- As much time as required.