Open Arms of Minnesota (OAM) is a nonprofit that prepares and delivers healthy, nutritious food to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis, and ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). In our state-of-the-art kitchen, OAM staff members and more than 2,400 volunteers create meals specifically designed for our clients’ nutritional needs. We use fresh and, whenever possible, organic ingredients, including produce from our own garden. Volunteers deliver the meals throughout the Twin Cities metro area to approximately 850 clients, caregivers and dependents, providing nourishment and hope for families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. There are no fees for any of Open Arms’ services. Open Arms is a volunteer-driven organization and is culturally unique in our high commitment to an excellent volunteer experience.
To learn more, visit www.openarmsmn.org
This part-time, unpaid position contributes to the fulfillment of Open Arms’ mission through participating in nearly every aspect of the organization. This internship will play an integral role in the daily activities of the organization as well as explore the inner workings of running a nonprofit. Intern activities may include, but are not limited to, weekly shifts preparing and packaging meals in the kitchen, delivering meals to clients, delivering meals. Whenever possible, time will also be allotted to facilitate projects related to an intern’s specific area of interest.
* Gain a full understanding of how Open Arms operates as a nutrition and meal delivery service and nonprofit organization focused on community outreach and nourishment
* Take part in all major volunteer focuses including volunteering in the kitchen, in delivery services, and as receptionist
* Contribute to the organization by focusing on a project that will positively impact the work of staff and customers and that will last after your internship is complete
* Promote and advocate for Open Arms in targeted communities
* Help support an outstanding experience for all volunteers, clients, supporters, and guests by regularly seeking out meaningful and positive interactions with them and maintaining a positive, friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
Schedule will vary with each person and is flexible. A commitment of 240 hours over the course of the semester is required. Some shifts must occur during normal business hours but not all of them need to as we operate 7 days a week and in the evenings. Each intern will need to commit to working a minimum of one Saturday a month from 8-12 pm.
Internships can be taken for class credit if cleared by advisor/teacher but doing the internship for class credit is not required.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to Deandra Bieneman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you can contact Deandra at 612-767-7343.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 15-25 hours per week
- •Passion for the mission of Open Arms
- Intern at Open Arms of MN!
- Bring nourishment to those in...
- Get together & deliver support!
- Nonprofit Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Client Services Internship
- Client Bag Decorating
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Bring Nourishment to Those in...
- Team Meal Delivery Opportunity
- Open Farms Internship
- Family Delivery Opportunity