Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
The Team Lead - Evidence-Based Medicine will lead, assist and provide guidance to a team of content experts, statisticians, medical librarians and reference managers. The role involves developing procedures and work plans, assisting in critically appraising evidence and assigning evidence-based gradings to medical treatment outcomes on the HHP website.
- Develop procedures and work plans for obtaining evidence based gradings from reputable websites, conducting critical appraisals and assigning evidence-based gradings to medical treatment outcomes.
- Assist in the recruitment of content experts to provide expertise in the areas covered by the critical appraisal as well as any other staff required on the EBM team.
- Lead and assist the team in defining the questions to be answered, obtaining gradings or evidence, recording resources, critically appraising and assigning evidence-based gradings to the evidence.
- Monitor and assess new developments in critical appraisal, systematic reviews and meta-analysis methodology, evidence-based medicine, guideline methodologies and clinical research methodology.
- PhD in public health, clinical epidemiology, biostatistics or related quantitative health field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience across several study design and research methods in health research (e.g. RCTs, cohort studies, case-control studies, quantitative, qualitative and mixed research methods).
- Proven experience in designing and delivery of critical appraisal, systematic review or meta-analysis projects.
- Experience in evidence-based medicine grading.
- Experience in managing your own projects and directing your teams successful delivery of outputs
- Excellent written and quality control skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with other volunteers, staff, and the public as part of a team
- Internet Research
- Critical Thinking
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment